Visit the Economic Development Commission to review resources and information.
- Visit the Building Department at 267-9601 to determine necessary permits and inspections.
- Contact the Water Pollution Control Authority at 267-2536 to clarify water and sewer needs.
- Visit the Town Clerk at 267-2519 to obtain and complete new business Certification of Adoption of Trade Names form.
- Check with the Tax Assessor at 267-2510 on the timing for the completion of the personal property tax form.
- Consider hosting a grand opening function.
- Contact the Economic Development Commission (EDC) at 267-4468 to obtain the EDC grand opening banner. For more information click here.
- Submit a press release to local papers:
- Rivereast: 633-4691
- Middletown Press: 347-331 ext 222
- Hartford Courant: 343-5250
- Consider joining the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce and attending the local Portland/East Hampton Division Meetings:
Contact: Johanna Bond @ Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce,
393 Main Street,
Middletown, Ct 06457
860-347-6924, Fax 346-1043 or
- Contact the Economic Development Commission at 267-4468 if you have suggestions or comments on how the Commission can be more helpful to you.